What is a bracket?
It is a device used in orthodontics that is manufactured with very resistant materials, usually metallic (steel alloys), ceramics and also sapphire.
They are shaped such that they adhere to the surface of the teeth. Its surface is very smooth and rounded, as a result of this the surrounding soft tissues are not affected (inside the lips and cheeks)
Its most important part is the slot designed to channel the wire, it is finally attached to the braces using garters that are usually of different colors to suit the patient.
|You may also be interested in: Orthodontics without Braces|
What is the function of braces?
Its main function like the aligners in invisible orthodontics is to transmit to each tooth the corrective forces that achieve the desired displacement of the dental units in order to correct malocclusions (misalignment of the teeth).
These forces are originated by the wire, which in turn transmits them to the braces and these finally act on each tooth.
This design of forces is not simple at all, this is what orthodontists do, only they have studied the techniques that allow you a correct diagnosis and therefore a satisfactory treatment and result.
In the following video you can see an animation of how braces, bands and wire work in an orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances.
Video How do braces work?
How much do braces or orthodontic treatment cost?
This question is very common, however, each patient requires very thorough studies & nbsp; that will allow the orthodontist to have a diagnosis and then decide the treatment and technique to follow.
All these variables prevent having defined unique prices, so it is best that you go to a good specialist and he, based on his studies, experience, responsibility and ethics will recommend the best option and therefore the best results. & nbsp ; Do not take risks mainly considering that they are your teeth.
In the following video you will have an example of the previous studies & nbsp; to an orthodontic. & nbsp; Not all of them are necessary, it certainly all depends on the case.
Studies prior to orthodontics:
Types of Braces
There are many types of braces, and in order not to go into technical details, we are going to divide them into the categories that we consider most important for you as a patient and then we will show you photographs of them.
According to the material from which they are made and level of aesthetic orthodontics
According to your technique
Ceramic aesthetic orthodontics
Aesthetic orthodontics in Sapphire
Where can I place braces in Quito?
Orthodontics in Quito is a service with a very high offer since there are many dental offices that offer this service.
We suggest you consider the following points to decide where to get your treatment:
- The treating dentist must be a specialist, that is, they must have completed Fourth Level studies and (in the case of Ecuador) their title must be registered in the SENESCYT and in the Ministry of Public Health (MSP)
- The office must have and follow rigorous cleaning, disinfection and sterilization processes. & nbsp; This documentation must be available and you can request it.
- The specialist must have high experience to suggest the best treatment so that your results are as expected.
- The Dental Center must have all the permits required by the Ministry of Public Health and its control entities, mainly the Operating Permit. Which must be in a visible place or you can demand to be shown.
- The appointment system must be very efficient and with flexible hours so that you do not waste your time in the waiting room and are attended immediately.
At Asiri Dental Care Center we have fully covered these aspects so you can come with full confidence of being the dental clinic in Quito with the highest level of customer satisfaction.